- Peer-review by at least two independent referees;
- English language copy-editing (optional);
- Thorough layout and processing of text, figures, tables, equations;
- Immediate Open Access publication, financed by moderate Article Processing Charges (please also note the Financial Support for Authors);
- Liberal copyright agreement and distribution license;
- Supplementary material at no extra costs;
- DOI (Digital Object Identifier) assignment and article URLs according to the classical citation (eCitation concept);
- Distribution of articles and bibliographic meta data to scientific databases and indices;
- RSS Feeds for individuals;
- Permanent archiving via e-archives and copyright libraries;
- Paper copies printed on demand.
General aspects concerning the role of authors, editors and referees are summarized under General Obligations for Authors, General Obligations for Editors and General Obligations for Referees.
Copernicus Publications reserves the right to replace a PDF file if purely technical corrections are necessary (e.g. corrupt file or incorrect bibliographical entry). Under no circumstances will there be any change of the contents.